myworldofscrap-hippychic



Saturday, March 08, 2014

FEELING SKETCHY INSPIRATIONAL POST...'THE MAGIC OF GESSO'

Hello Ladies,

I am very excited to share with you this month's inspiration.....'The Magic of Gesso'.
I find this medium so so very versatile and easy to work with, so if you are keen, go make yourself a cuppa and grab a biscuit and follow this magical journey. :)

I have named this work 'Moments through the looking glass'.  To create this work I used cardstock, but you can use something stronger like cardboard.
I then glued my selected 'bits and bob' in place, I have used a lot of 'odd bits' that I had laying around in my stash that were a bit old and tired looking.
I bet you are saying.................'what was she thinking'....LOL.
I then applied that great product Gesso over the whole Layout


Don't worry too much if some colours are strong the paint will cover it all.  I then sprayed 4 different shades of Glimmer Mist, 'Crushed Shells', 'Patina', 'vintage pink', and Memory mist 'Lavender Tea'.
and there you have it.  I wonder if you thought it was harder than this :)
I framed my photos with Scrapmatts Ornate frames and here is the end result.
Other items added were Prima flowers and Inkagold.
Well I trust that you are now inspired to try this technique and remember .......it is only a piece of cardstock and some 'bits and bobs'.
Thanks for taking the time to view........Love Liz

2 comments: